When picking a venue for your ceremony there are so many choices, it really is limitless.
A beach is a beautiful location for a wedding, relaxed, the lovely aroma of the sea air, the gentle lapping of the waves as they come ashore to great you.
There are however some things to be considered when planning your beach wedding some of which are highlighted below:
• It is essential that the correct beach permits and council approval are in order
• Give careful consideration to the wedding outfits for all of the bridal party. A long wedding dress will get covered in sand, but you could lift the dress whilst walking over the sand
• Consider having a wrap on hand should it be required
• A speaker system may be required to ensure you guests can hear the ceremony over the waves and general noise
• Check that any chairs are secured prior to people being seated or they may fall over
• You may consider wearing your hair up if a windy day
• It always pays to have an area when people are coming off the sand that they can brush sand of their feet. Maybe supply a few soft brushes to assist.
• The sun can be glary, so ensure you have spare sunglasses for those that forgot
• Most beaches are public. If you want complete privacy then consider renting a beachfront restaurant or an ocean view private estate.
• Check there are no public events happening in the near vicinity
• Have a backup plan as the weather can be unpredictable