It’s no secret that the overall tone of your wedding is largely decided by your own personal preferences and taste… no two people are alike and no two weddings are just the same. But knowing exactly where to have your wedding and reception – in a place that reflects your personal preferences – can be a daunting task when there are thousands of different venues to choose from!
Don’t book a venue without checking out our advice! Here are 5 Dos and Don’ts of choosing a wedding reception venue…
1. DO make your guest list before you book a venue – you’ll need to know a general estimate of how many people will be in attendance to make sure there is enough space for everyone.
2. DON’T sign any contracts without reading through them first – make sure you read the fine print to avoid unseen costs and issues.
3. DO make sure you’re in the loop about catering and alcohol – food and alcohol minimums can come with a hefty price tag. Make sure you know the venue’s policies on outside food and alcohol, and any preferred vendors.
4. Don’t wait until the last minute! – engagement season is from Thanksgiving until Valentine’s Day. That’s a lot of brides looking to be married within the same window of time and places book up quickly!
5. DO follow your gut – did you get great vibes from the coordinator at one venue and bad feels from another? Good communication and a ready staff is an important aspect of the venue. Trust your gut (and definitely peek at reviews!).